If 50% of success is showing up, having an effective presentation gets you at least an additional 25%. (And, of course, a good delivery accounts for the other 75%.)
When it comes to good slide decks, we can all learn from the strategy consultancies; after all, these guys charge six or seven figures per month, and, in the end, their deliverable is a presentation. Even if their conclusions are right on target, if they were doing a bad job presenting them, their clients wouldn’t hire them again. So let’s talk about your typical strategy consultant’s approach to designing an effective presentation.